QGIS for android does not run on Galaxy Tab 3 (nor on all intel based tablets)

Hi all, just a quick note to remind you all that currently QGIS for android runs on ARM v7 tablets only. I currently have no time to make an x86 build and since I got two emails asking why the galaxy 3 didn’t run qgis I wanted to put out a quick warning. And remember to contribute to the tested device list here

ciao

Posted in Android QGIS
7 Comments » for QGIS for android does not run on Galaxy Tab 3 (nor on all intel based tablets)
  1. Steve Golden says:

Just to add to the list of devices:

Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android 4.1.2) – status ok, GPS integration seems to work, but can’t get tracking to function, display is small (probably similar to other smart phone devices)

ASUS Transformer TF300T (Android 4.2.1) – status ok

2. maurena says:

Hi,

I’ve tested some versions of qgis on intel platform and it doesn’t work. However, one of the precompiled workaround versions, that integrates qt in the apk, run on intel platforms, too slow but works.
    Could it be possible to include standard apks with the qt libraries like workaround qgis versions?. I believe that this could solve the problem with intel x86 devices.

Thanks in advance.

• fil says:

Maurena, dove trovo apk standard con librerie Qt. Ho il problema di installare qgis su un tab 3 10.1.
      grazie

• marco says:

see my post about tab3

• Manuel says:

Dear fil,

I am not sure if the version I have suggested should work on a Tab 3 because I have tested on a Asus EEPAD 10″. Marco, who knows lot tan me about qgis for Android, has sent you to the post of Tab3.

However, the apks can be downloaded from the original website, download section, inside “All apks” options with a name that contains workaround. One of this versions work in this Tablet.

I hope this will help you.
        Regards.

• marco says:

yes thos workaround packages could run because they include the full QT libs. And the intel processor basedet tablets can have an arm emulator. not sure how performance will be though

3. Amélie says:

Hi,
    Someone has already tried qgis android on Sony Xperia tablet Z ?
    Qgis android doesn’t handle files ECW. Is there a way to read them, another software ?

Thanks