QGIS 2.0 for android is getting there

After two very android QGIS centric weeks I’m very happy to point you to last night nightly build that includes a lot of new improvements, better stability and of course all the super cool features of the freshly released QGIS 2.0.
So, go ahead, get the installer, get the latest nightly and let me know how it goes.
There are two known issues that I’m still working on (beside python support):

- There is no styling UI, but if you load an already styled project all works nice.
- When digitizing, don’t use the enter button in the android keyboard to confirm the attributes form but just close the keyboard and use QGIS ok button.

So, enjoy it, let me know how it goes, remember it’s alpha and maybe buy me a glass of wine :)

image

image

image

Posted in Android QGIS
17 Comments » for QGIS 2.0 for android is getting there
  1. Daniele says:

Thank you for your commitment in this QGIS project.
    I will try the new release next days.
    Bye.

2. arturo says:

is the GPS connection already or will be in the future?
    i thinkk is one of the most important to collect data.

3. luke says:

Hi.

This version of QGIS doesn’t asks for Ministro or any other libraries. Installer downloads only QGIS APK and can’t install QGIS

4. Eric Boisvert says:

Could not install the recommended version (it says it’s 0 Mb and problem with md5 if I try to proceed). I’m installing the nightly right now.

5. Fedose says:

tried it on Galaxy Note 10.1 (NT-8000) and was not working properly…

6. Arash says:

Hi…
    I download nightly and install it.
    when run QGIS asks for Ministro…download and install it so.
    after run QGIS agin, asks for Qt libraries…
    but when starting download show this message :
    ministro cannot satisfy your dependencies.
    can any body help me.
    tnx in advance.

7. florian says:

Tried 2 install nightly – download reached 100% but never concluded : downloading null
    Running android 4 on Samsung tab2

8. Alexander says:

Tried on sony xperia tablet z (only nightly works) – but I can’t work:
    -qgis shutdown when opening projects (saved in version qgis2.0 on pc before)
    -qgis shutdown when editing layers, no matter if imported or new created

• jérôme says:

Hi, i’m trying to use nightly version on Android. I made a project to easily editing a shapefile on tablet, with an UI created with QtCreator and a python script (python init function )
      The python script is working fine on PC but is not starting on Android. Is there something to install to make it work or is it not supported?

9. jérôme says:

I’ve got my response, it’s not supported for the moment. So it’s important for me to know if it’s comming soon or not?

10. Peter says:

Successfully installed nightly on Prestigio MultiPad 5097C PRO :-)

11. Does it work for mobile or just for tablets?