New QGIS workaround version

Hi all,
Good news this time :) Instead of enjoying my weekend doing some wicked diving here in Indonesia, I decided to close myself indoor and get a (re)working vesion of qgis out. As some of you might have noticed or read in my previous post, the latest and greatest version of Qt for android breaks a fundamental part of QGIS, the second level menues.
So after some good nerdy-weekend hours here it is your shiny (again-) working qgis. There is nothing new code wise, it is still alpha7 but it works again :)
enjoy and for all those happy people that asked me to fix this, well you know how much a full Sunday with no diving :( is worth and where my donate button is ;)

oh yes, and here is the file, you will have to uninstall the old qgis manually because I created this package on my laptop and not on the server, so it has a different signature. Please test this and let me know if it works for you and I’ll release it as alpha8.

ciao

Posted in Android QGIS, Uncategorized
13 Comments » for New QGIS workaround version
  1. Paulo says:

Coincidently tried out it out yesterday on my tablet. It opened, but there indeed problems with menus. After opening a menu, I couldn’t open the general menu and close QGIS. Also, the lower part of the layer properties menu (old style, new style isn’t apparently implemented?) was not shown, so no way to save changes. I’ll try out your latest version… let’s see if your day of hard work and no diving solved these problems ;-). In any case, thanks for all the work!

2. Ludo says:

Bonjour,

Settings->options = crash

Ciao

3. mapBaker says:

THANK you for this! Was a nagging issue for me with QGIS and other ubuntu applications like Scribus…

Do you know when I should re-install QT?

-mb

4. Buddy Clark says:

It appears to be working fine on my Lenovo A1107.

5. Buddy Clark says:

I’m getting the crash when going to settings and options as well. Everything else that I have tried appears to be working.

6. Rubén says:

It has some performance problems (Tiene algunos problemas de funcionamiento) and (y) It allows you to configure CRS (No permite configurar CRS).

deserved donation shortly (merecida donación en breve).

Congratulations. (Felicitaciones).

7. Daniele says:

Hi, Marco
    I confirm you the errror in Settings->Option, also the CRS are missing.
    But, don’t leave that tropical beach without diving or swimming , we can wait for new release of QGIS for Android….
    Have good fun.

8. Arvid says:

Hi, Marco
    I find a same problem with CRS.
    I would like to say that the Android tablet have not a mouse and the finger have not the right button. :)
    In the future have need to think about how preventing this problem (finishing of lines and polygons drawings).

Best regards and have a nice day!

9. Michael says:

Hi, thanks for this! I got two remarks:

1. it crashes when hitting settings/options as others remarked before
    2. I cannot find the SVG directory anymore, to put my own symbols in. Is it there somewhere and I just didn’t search hard enough or is there an issue?

Many thanks to Marco!

10. werner says:

When I turn on the GPS all my shape-files disappear.I can see the GPS-cursor but nothing else on my screen.I’m using a new sony Xperia tablet Z with android jelly bean.can anyone help ?

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "New QGIS workaround version"
  1. [...] to all reports on my last post I realised that I had forgotten to include some assets in the custom package. This new package [...]