QGIS Android works!

image

Just a quick screenshot to show that qgis on android is now a working reality. Tomorrow I’ll make a video and so on. The major missing thing now is reading shp files ad maybe spatialite… maybe tomorrow. Now it’s sunday 😉
Ciao

test it now:

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Android QGIS, GIS, GSoC 2011, Programming, QGIS
16 Comments » for QGIS Android works!
  1. Henrikb says:

Grea! Have you seen my comment about the qt bug?

2. Henrikb says:

Hmm, great not grea…. 🙂

3. Pedro Mendes says:

That seems great! Downloading it right now.. =)

4. Rob Barber-Delach says:

I am getting an error: “There is a problem parsing the package”.
    Do I need to have my phone rooted and the SDK installed to load the QGIS package?

5. Elijah Meeks says:

Is connecting to a PostGIS database and loading a layer going to be a possibility? Because that would prove incredibly useful for what I’m working on.

6. marco says:

well, in principle yes, it just depends which lib the postgis connector needs. right now I’m working on spatialite and it look almost there.

7. Ander says:

Hi, I’m Brazilian and apologize for the bad English. I have a Lg Optimus One Android 2.2, and. Apk is not recognized. The appliance must be root? Thanks

8. Ander says:

Ok, thanks!

9. Jasja says:

Hi Marco, works fine on my Asus tranformer. I could not move to my SD card with GIS data, but that is just a question of fiddling around a bit.

Thank you for this excellent work heling the Open source GIS community.

10. Albert says:

Hey Marco!
    QGIS is written in C++ but android apps are written in java. So O just want to know how is that get done, cause Imma newbie in this field so… hope you can understand 🙂

2 Pings/Trackbacks for "QGIS Android works!"
  1. […] all I need is to upgrade my phone to Android 2.3 device because it won’t run on 2.2 or below: http://www.opengis.ch/2011/08/21/qgis-android-works-2/ Share […]